Tuesday, September 08, 2026

MWNews 267

I have been going back through the old entries and trying to fix them as when I re-read them, there are a lot of mistakes, misspells, and errors that need to be corrected. It is very slow work. The main problem is whenever I make a change and update it, it takes me back to the most recent entry. So I have to scroll down to the entry I was editing and open another one. My problem is, I don't remember which one I was editing, so I have to check whatever I open to see if I have done it and then try to find the one I should actually be working on. It is very time consuming, to the point where I might not do it anymore. Maybe after I retire. I will have plenty of time then and won't constantly be interrupted by the little people. But as I am having trouble typing today, I will stop for now and get back to it when I am a bit better. 

Ok, let's see how it goes. If it wasn't for this fly that keeps buzzing between me and the screen, I would be a happy camper.

William has decided he is not going to look for a job until after his birthday. He says since we are going on a trip, he has to wait so he has the time off. That's his plan and he is sticking to it. Unless I intervene, I suppose. Demand that he get a job now and worry about time off later. The problem is, we need to start looking for a smaller place to live. Our rent is extraordinarily low, but it should be lower and it can be if we move into a two bedroom instead of a four bedroom. Not a lot of difference in price, since ours is so low, but it will be lower. Starting next year, I will no longer be working and will be officially retired. Can't afford, nor do we need, such a large place. So he has to be either moved out or paying rent. Doesn't matter which but something will have to change.

Our real problem will be the dogs. Not a lot of places accept two dogs, one of which is a large dog. That could be a sticking point and make moving not feasible. Another issue is the amount of stuff we have. Enough to fill a four bedroom house and a two car garage. Half of that will have to go. It will be an issue on which half goes. The argument I will face is I will be told we can just get a storage shed. I am really against that idea and I do not understand why so many people use them. I can see their uses for some things, but just as storage for overflow in you house. If you are going to pay for storage, then just pay for a bigger house. Giving money to someone just to keep things you will never see or probably use just does not make a lot of sense to me. Pay for the larger house, not a room you have to go visit to see your stuff. But storage places are big business and I see a lot of them around, so it must make sense to someone. I am probably not seeing the big picture.

Maeghan is moving forward with her getting a car. Or getting closer. She is just about approved to take lessons. Once that is done, NDIS might pay something for modifications to a car, but they need to see that she can drive first and has a need for modifications to a car. Just a lot of bureaucratic nonsense and paper work if you ask me. She can't get the help unless she proves she needs the help but she can't prove she needs the help until she can prove she can get a license. How is she supposed to do that. I am guessing there is some semblance of a plan behind it all, but since she has been hammering at this for over three years, it doesn't look hopeful. I am still under the impression that I will end up paying for it and then, maybe, NDIS will pay for the next one. I don't know. Doesn't make any sense to me, but then again, it never has. I am the do it yourself generation and we do not depend on the government for anything. Government help is nice, but not something we depend on. Once again, just being the curmudgeon. (So far it has not told me I spelled that wrong and I did it in one go. That doesn't seem possible.)

 And in my effort, I am going to try to end this early. I know I keep saying that, but it requires dedication and discipline on my part, something I don't have a lot of, so I just keep rambling each time. But this time, maybe.

I miss Maeghan. I wish William and I did more things together but we don't seem to have the same interests or maybe I am just too set and impatient to do what he likes. But I wish it were different all the time. Missing Maeghan is part of my life now. I hate that I have gotten used to it. It might be going back to these old entries and reading them again. Those times are gone and are never coming back. Doesn't stop me from missing them. 

Having typed two more paragraphs since I said I was going, this will be the last. I just keep telling myself that I have so much more to say, but it will be later, after I have forgotten what I was going to write. My new life style.

Until next time,

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment